What’s a content management system (CMS)?
A content management system is software that manages content on your Web site, which can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents, or just about anything present on your webpage. A biggest benefit of using a CMS to design or maintain webpage is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage.
Real world examples of Joomla applications
Joomla has become one of the most extensively used tool for website and application development such as:
- Corporate Web sites or portals
- Personal or family homepages
- Small business Web sites
- Corporate intranets and extranets
- Government applications
- Non-profit and organizational Web sites
- Community-based portals
- Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
- E-commerce and online reservations
- School and church Web sites